Pages

Monday, September 19, 2011

Dear Brothers and Sisters in Christ,

I want to start first by thanking our host for inviting me to post at The Only Way. During the months we have spent getting acquainted,I can attest to his heartfelt and sincere love for the Lord and in desiring to be in service to Him through teaching and encouraging others in the ways of Biblical truths. I want to thank him for working to bring believers together who revere the Commandments and strive to live a life of obedience to the scriptures and in emulating Christ as the Spirit allows us to do.

That being said,I must confess to feeling greatly outside of my "comfort zone"! I am not a teacher,I am not a writer,I am not a professional in any way,shape,or form. I have no credentials or letters after my name. No doubt anything I say can and probably has been said before by people far more educated and eloquent than I could ever hope to be.

And that is the topic of this post,having recognized this emotion and confronting it for going on two years now. It's been since 2008 when my husband and I began to wake up to prophecies and the lies we had been taught and our search led us to the beauty of Sabbath-Keeping,which has been the catalyst for the blessings that have come our way since. Not the kind of blessings the world chases after,but the peace that comes from following in the way of obedience and seeking His truth,not our own version of the easy gospel taught by the popular preachers and teachers of the day.

The most important message we received has been that of the Three Angels Message and the urgency to "Come out of her,my people",...to come out and be seperate. That message,through SDA teachings,has taught us to recognize the brokenness of this world and it's systems and our love of Christ has inspired us to take that message to others.

Always having been very private people,this has been a marked change from who we used to be. By the grace of God,we have been energized to share what we have seen and heard and to urge people to get right with the Lord while there is still time.

If anything,these last couple of years has challenged everything we thought we knew and has definetly brought an end to our illusions of comfort and security in anything the world has going on! And we have only an inkling of what lies on the horizon. We will be challenged in our faith like never before,and in all circumstances we must be ready and able to stand for truth and righteousness. We need to stand apart and be seperate,that the Spirit in us can shine all the brighter in a world being consumed by darkness. This is our duty and our privilege as Christians,and we should not shrink from any opportunity to proclaim the gospel of Christ and share the truth we have been given.

So,that being said,I hope we can all feel comfortable here to share our thoughts and concerns here as the times unfold. It can be a place to share news events,Bible lessons,or even calls for personal prayers or a place to share accounts of victory that we have had in Christ. (I have one of those to share...having quit smoking 6 months ago,after a 30 year habit! Praise God that is one less foothold Satan has in my life now!)
More than anything,this is mostly a chance to write and begin to get acquainted with other believers,to step outside of our comfort zones perhaps,making a statement of faith and boldly declaring our love and allegiance to the Most High God,our Creator and our Blessed Hope.

I look forward to getting to know some of the others that our host has invited,and in sharing the ups and downs that come our way.

Thank you again,Gibs,for being such a fine example and for taking the initiative to do this.

God bless you all,
In Christ,
Sandra

2 comments:

Gibs said...

Sandra,

You don't need to worry about not being a pro at writting. It is the true heart that counts and I appreciate you and your husbands consecration to our Wonderful God and Saviour.

I am sure to "come out of her my people" is one that all need to heed and also Our Wonderful Word also voices the same admonition. -

Re 18:4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

You are right you can feel comfortable to exprss your true thoughts here and for one I will not jump all over you or anyone.

When people disagree it is each ones job then to try and convince the other of why they understand what they do. None of us see all things the same and it sure don't hurt to have our opinions examined as the truth invites that and comes out shining all the brighter.

When we are proven wrong we are to be elated and not down hearted as it is the truth that sets us free. Immediate acknowledge we were wrong is the balm that heals any hurt and that hurt is only pride and it needs to take a hit.

I'll bet it was Jesus that gave you the victory over being a chimney for those cigarettes and those ole yellow fingers.

Thanks Dear Sister for posting.

Your Bro. In Jesus.

Gibs.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for acknowledging what I've known all along,and that is that fellowship with you is a delight and a priviledge.

And yes,all glory and praise to our Lord,Jesus Christ,for bringing out in us the qualities He desires for us to live lives more abundantly!

Your sister in Christ,
Sandra

Followers