Pages

Saturday, September 24, 2011

He Saves Us From Past Sins and Saves Us From Sining Now!

Just a short little study today and this came up in my mind because we had a pastor way back some years that taught no one can keep from sinning.  I told him that of ourselves we are no match for Satan but that with Christ actually in us we are to have the victory over the world and Satan.  Yes and we can and are expected to.  He forgives us and tells us, go sin no more.  The verses. -

Joh 8:11
She said, No man, Lord. And Jesus said unto her, Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more.

1Jo 5:4 For whatsoever is born of God overcometh the world: and this is
the victory that overcometh the world, even our faith.
1Jo 5:5 Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God?
Re 2:7 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the tree of life, which is in the midst of the paradise of God

Re 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.
Re 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that  vercometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and will give him a white stone, and in the stone a
new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Re 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
Re 3:5 He that overcometh, the same shall be clothed in white raiment; and I will not blot out his name out of the book of life, but I will confess his name before my Father, and before his angels.
Re 3:12
Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more
out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name
.

Re 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.
Re 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.
Mr 9:23
Jesus said unto him, If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth.

Mr 10:27
And Jesus looking upon them saith, With men it is impossible, but not with God: for with God all things are possible.


This pastor told us he was stronger than any of us and he couldn't do it so he knew none of us could.  He was trying to make the point that we must be saved in sin because no man can refrain from sin.  True of ourselves we are nothing to overcome the devil but Christ in us is the victory over the world and Satan and all his angels.  Satan and his are then defeated foes and they can see the indwelling Saviour.

The gest of the matter is we must surrender our ALL, nothing held back then He can dwell in us and with His indwelling we can overcome as He overcome.  Satan is a defeated foe unless you fall back into the old life which you must abandon forever and don't look back.


This is a very common concept among believers of today that is a lie.  We must be overcomers if you claim to be His.  Do you really love to do His will and do so.  If so then you are one of His.


Bro. Gibs.

No comments:

Followers